Wednesday 30 September 2020

Prayers

Be gracious to me, LORD,

Because I am in distress;

My eyes are worn out from angry sorrow-

My whole being as well. 

Indeed, my life is consumed with grief

And my years with groaning;

My strength has failed

Because of my sinfulness. 1

 

Help me. 2

 

There is no strength in my bones

Because of my sin. 

My wounds are foul and festering 

Because of my foolishness. 

There is no health in my body. 

I am faint and severely crushed. 3

 

Heal me. 4

 

The enemy has pursued me, 

Crushing me to the ground, 

Making me live in darkness

Like those long dead. 

My spirit is weak within me;

My heart is overcome with dismay. 5

 

Rescue me. 6

 

Troubles without number have surrounded me;

My sins have overtaken me; I am unable to see. 

They are more than the hairs of my head,

And my courage leaves me. 

LORD, be pleased to deliver me. 7

 

Save me, God. 8

 

1 Ps 31.9-10 2 Ps 40.13 3 Ps 38.3,5,7-8 4 Ps 41.4 5 Ps 143.3-4 6 Ps 31.2 7 Ps 40.12-13 8 Ps 69.1

No comments:

Post a Comment