Friday 25 September 2020

Why I have come

Jesus says,

 

I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. 1

For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world, to bear witness to the truth. 2 I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God, for I was sent for that purpose. 3

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour. 4

I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness. 5 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance. 6 I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. 7 I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 8

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost. 9 The Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and give his life as a ransom for many. 10

 

1 Jn 6.38 2 Jn 18.37 3 Lk 4.43 4 Lk 4.18-19 5 Jn 12.46 6 Lk 5.32 7 Jn 10.10 8 Jn 12.47 9 Lk 19.10 10 Mt 20.28

 

No comments:

Post a Comment