Tuesday 18 October 2022

A prayer for those with a burden to intercede

 I sense your beckoning, O Lord, and I willingly respond, entering your presence to plead on behalf of another. 

Spirit of God, you alone know the specific needs of the one for whom I am suddenly burdened to intercede. 

Therefore guide my prayer. 

Tune my thoughts, my words, my empathies to articulate your greater heart, your deeper purposes. I yield to your intentions, even unto the breaking of my own heart for that which break yours. 

Through me, O God, may it please you to bring forth effective petition for the one whose condition has so moved your heart that you have now moved mine, calling me to fervent prayer – to cry out, to contend, to do battle – on their behalf. 

Breathe through me, O Spirit, your thoughts, your words. Kindle in me, O Father, your sorrows and consolations. Teach me, O Christ, how to serve and to love by intercession. 

(Pause for a moment and sense of The Spirit’s promptings in prayer. Now make petition and intercession on behalf of them/those you are burdened for.)

Intersect my moments with your mercies, O Lord. Intersect my days with evidence of your grace. Let this burden remain or return as often as you would have me carry it again to you. 

You are ever at work in this world. So let my compassion be always active and my heart sensitive to your movements, your promptings, your revelation. 

Call me, your child, always to care for one another in prayer and in action, in our various times of need. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment