Tuesday 19 January 2021

The LORD lightens my darkness

The enemy has pursued my soul; he has crushed my life to the ground; he has made me sit in darkness like those long dead. Therefore my spirit faints within me; my heart within me is appalled. 1 I cry aloud to God, and he will hear me. In the day of my trouble I seek the Lord; in the night my hand is stretched out without wearying. 2

For the LORD my God lightens my darkness. 3 God my Maker gives songs in the night. 4 God is light and in him is no darkness at all. 5

God has been my shepherd all my life long to this day. 6 God watched over me. His lamp shone upon my head, and by his light I walked through darkness. 7 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. 8

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 9

Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me. 10

 

1 Psa 143.3-4 2 Psa 77.1-2 3 Psa 18.28 4 Job 35.10 5 1Jn 1.5 6 Gen 48.15 7 Job 29.2-3 8 Jn 1.5 9 Psa 27.1 10 Mic 7.8

No comments:

Post a Comment