Friday 8 January 2021

Water for the thirsty

 Water for the thirsty

 

Blessed are those who thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. 1

When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue is parched with thirst, I the LORD will answer them; I the God of Israel will not forsake them. I will open rivers on the bare heights, and fountains in the midst of the valleys. I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water. 2

For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. 3

To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life. 4 Whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life. 5

Whoever believes in me, as the Scriptures has said, “Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. 6

Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters. 7

 

1 Mt 5.6 2 Isa 41.17-18 3 Isa 44.3 4 Rev 21.6 5 Jn 4.14 6 Jn 7.37-38 7 Isa 55.1

No comments:

Post a Comment