Tuesday 2 February 2021

Be wise my son

Listen, my son. Accept my words. I am teaching you the way of wisdom. Hold on to instruction; don’t let go. Guard it, for it is your life. 1 Wisdom is supreme – so get wisdom. And whatever else you get, get understanding. 2

My son, if sinners entice you, don’t be persuaded. Don’t travel that road with them. 3 Don’t associate with those who drink too much wine or with those who gorge themselves on meat. 4

My son though the lips of the forbidden woman drip honey and her words are smoother than oil, in the end she’s as bitter as wormwood and as sharp as a double-edged sword. Her feet go down to death. 5

My son, pay attention to my words. Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life. Don’t let your mouth speak dishonestly, and don’t let your lips talk deviously. 6

My son, if your heart is wise, my heart will indeed rejoice. 7 My son, don’t forget my teaching. Never let loyalty and faithfulness leave you. Tie them around your neck; write them on the tablet of of your heart. Then you will find favour and high regard in the sight of God and man. 8

 

1 Prov 4.10-11,13 2 Prov 4.7 3 Prov 1.10,15 4 Prov 23.20 5 Prov 5.1,3-5 6 Prov 4.20,23-24 7 Prov 23.25 8 Prov 3.1,3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment