Saturday 27 February 2021

Eat what is good

God and Jesus says

 

Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you shall be satisfied. 1 Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. 2 I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger. 3

People will come from east and west,  and from north and south, and recline at table in the kingdom. 4 I will feast the soul of the priests with abundance, and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness. 5

I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. 6 Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life. 7

Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labour for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourself in rich food. 8

With honey from the rock i would satisfy you. 9 He who has no money, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. 10 You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied. 11

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. 12

1 Lk 6.21 2 Psa 81.10 3 Jn 6.35 4 Lk 13.29 5 Jer 31.14 6 Jn 6.51 7 Jn 6.27 8 Isa 55.2 9 Psa 81.16 10 Isa 55.1 11 Joel 2.26 12 Rev 3.20

No comments:

Post a Comment