Wednesday 13 July 2022

Psalm 27

 My Life-Light, my Energy,

my Healing Power is God.

No one can frighten us now.

Fear-mongers threaten and bluff

but tumble from their own thrones.

Though thousands enlist for war

we will not give in to terror.

God, all I ask You is this,

to stay in Your Home-Free Place,

enthralled by Holy Brilliance,

exploring Wisdom’s terrain.

You will shelter us always,

grounded deep, heads and hopes high,

our praises will ever rise.

Holy Spirit, hear my call,

heart to heart I long for God.

Are You aloof or distant?

You’ve always been our Guardian,

please don’t give up on us now.

You will welcome us, even

if family and friends do not.

Trailblazer, show us Your Way,

let no demon have a say.

We perceive Your New Reign’s dawn,

over all Your Love will shine.

We await You with courage!


No comments:

Post a Comment