Friday 18 December 2020

I will come again

Jesus says

 

You must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an unexpected hour. 1 

When you see the desolating sacrilege standing in the holy place at that time there will be great suffering, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be. 2 From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 3

Immediately after the suffering of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. 4

 Be on guard so that your hearts are not weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of this life, and that day does not catch you unexpectedly, like a trap. 

Be alert at all times, praying that you may have the strength to escape all these things that will take place, and to stand before the Son of Man. 5

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also. 6

I am coming soon, hold fast to what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. 7

 

1 Lk 12.40 2 Mt 24.15 3 Mk 13.28-29 4 Mt 24.29-31 5 Lk 21.34-36 6 Jn 14.1-3 7 Rev 3.11

No comments:

Post a Comment