Thursday 24 December 2020

You gave me life

You formed me with your hands; you made me. You clothed me with skin and flesh, and you knit my bones and sinews together. 1

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvellous – how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. 2

You gave me life and showed me your unfailing love. My life was preserved by your care. 3 O Lord, you alone are my hope. I’ve trusted you, O LORD, from childhood. 4

LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered – how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you. 5

O God, you are my God. I will praise you as long as I live. 6 O LORD, I give my life to you. 7

 

1 Job 10.8,11 2 Psa 139.13-16 3 Job 10.12 4 Psa 71.5 5 Psa 39.4-5 6 Psa 63.1,4 7 Psa 25.1

No comments:

Post a Comment