Wednesday 23 December 2020

Lead me on this journey

I am a sojourner on the earth, 1 a sojourner in a foreign land. 2

There is no faithfulness or steadfast love, and no knowledge of God in the land; there is swearing, lying, murder, stealing and committing adultery; they break all bounds, and bloodshed follows bloodshed. 3 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. 4

Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear to my cry; hold not your peace at my tears! For I am a sojourner with you, a guest, like all my fathers. 5 They all died in faith, not having received the things promised, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland. They desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. 6

You have led in your steadfast love the people whom you have redeemed; you have guided them by your strength to your holy abode. 7 Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling! 8

Blessed are those whose strength is in you, in whose heart are the highways to Zion. 9

 

1 Psa 119.19 2 Ex 2.22 3 Hos 4.1-2 4 Psa 23.4 5 Psa 39.12 6 Heb 11.13-14,16 7 Ex 15.13 8 Psa 43.3 9 Psa 84.5

No comments:

Post a Comment