Friday 4 December 2020

Words of comfort

Jesus says Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me. 1

 The Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free. 2

 Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. 3

 Do not worry, saying, “What will we eat?” or “What will we drink?” or “What will we wear!” 4 You are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing. 5 Strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten in God’s sight. But even the hairs of your head are all counted. Do not be afraid you are of more value than many sparrows. 7

 In me you may have peace. In the world you face persecution. But take courage; I have conquered the world! 8

 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever. This is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, because he abides with you, and he will be in you. 9 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid. 10


 1 Jn 14.1 2 Lk 4.18-19 3 Mt 11.28-30 4 Mt 6.31 5 Lk 10.41-42 6 Mt 6.33 7 Lk 12.6-7 8 Jn 16.33 9 Jn 14.16-17 10 Jn 14.27

No comments:

Post a Comment