Wednesday 4 November 2020

Content in the Lord

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. 1

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails

and the fields produce no food,

though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Saviour. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights. 2

I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 3 God has been gracious to me and I have all I need. 4

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 5 LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup. 6 My cup overflows. 7

 

1 Phil. 4.12-13 2 Hab 3.17-19 3 Phil. 4.11 4 Gen 33.11 5 Ps 23.1 6 Ps 16.5 7 Ps 23.5

No comments:

Post a Comment