Friday 13 November 2020

Idolatry

 God says

 

My people have forgotten me, they burn me offerings to a delusion; they have stumbled in their ways and have gone into bypaths not the highway. 1 They went far from me, and went after worthless things, and became worthless themselves. 2

My people have changed their glory for something that does not profit. My people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living water, and dug out for themselves, cracked cisterns that can hold no water. 3

They have taken their idols into their hearts, and placed their iniquity as a stumbling block before them; shall I let myself be consulted by them? 4

For they have turned their backs to me, and not their faces. But in the time of their trouble they say, “Come and save us!” But where are your gods that you made for yourself? Let them come, if they can save you, in your time of trouble. 5 

Besides me there is no saviour. 6 Repent and turn away from your idols. 7 

You shall have no other gods before me, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God. 8

 

1 Jer 18.15 2 Jer 2.5 3 Jer 2.11 4 Ezek 14.3 5 Jer 2.27-28 6 Hos 13.4 7 Ezek 14.6 8 Ex 20.3

No comments:

Post a Comment