Friday 6 November 2020

My Servant

 God says

 

Soon I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. 1

He will bring justice to the nations.

He will not shout or raise his voice in public. He will not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle. He will bring justice to all who have been wronged. 2

When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied. And because of his experience, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins. I will give him the honours of a victorious soldier, because he exposed himself to death. He was counted among the rebels. He bore the sins of many and interceded for rebels. 3

My servant will prosper; he will be highly exalted. 4 

I will beat down his adversaries before him and destroy those who hate him. I will make him my firstborn son, the mightiest king on earth. 5 He will be a King who rules with wisdom. He will do what is just and right throughout the land. 6

Look at my servant, whom I strength. He is my chosen one, who pleases me. 7 This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy. Listen to him. 8

 

1 Zec 3.8 2 Isa 42.1-3 3 Isa 53.11-12 4 Isa 52.13 5 Ps 89.23 6 Jer 23.5 7 Isa 42.1 8 Mt 17.5

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment