Friday 27 November 2020

Do not fear

God says 

 

Thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel. Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. 1

I, I am he who comforts you; why then are you afraid of a mere mortal who must die, a human being who fades like grass? You have forgotten the LORD, your Maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth. 2

Listen to me, you who know righteousness, you people who have my teaching in your hearts; do not fear the reproach of others, and do not be dismayed when they revile you. For the moth will eat them up like a garment, and the worm will eat them like wool, but my deliverance will be forever, and my salvation to all generations. 3

I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Do not fear, I will help you.” 4 Call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me. 5

Do not be afraid I am your shield. 6 I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you. I hereby command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed. 7

 

1 Isa 43.1 2 Isa 51.12-13 3 Isa 51.7-8 4 Isa 41.13 5 Ps 50.15 6 Gen 15.1 7 Josh 1.5,9

No comments:

Post a Comment