Tuesday 16 March 2021

A missionary’s prayer requests

It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that “Those who were not told about him will see, and those who have not heard will understand.” 1

I urge you, brothers and sisters, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me. 2

Pray that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 3 that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message. 4

Pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honoured, 5 so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. 6

Pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil people, for not everyone has faith. 7 

Pray that I may come to you with joy, by God’s will, and in your company be refreshed. 8 

You help us by your prayers.  Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favour granted us in answer to the prayers of many. 9

 

1 Rom 15.20-21 2 Rom 15.30 3 Eph 6.19 4 Col 4.3-4 5 2Th 3.1 6 2Cor 4.15 7 2Th 3.2 8 Rom 15.31-32 9 2Cor 1.11

No comments:

Post a Comment