Tuesday 2 March 2021

Final destinies

My feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong. They are free from common human burdens; they are not plagued by human ills.

When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny. 1

Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. 2 For the wages of sin death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. 3

You who believe in the name of the Son of God may know that you have eternal life. 4

Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD. 5 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret —it leads only to evil. For those who are evil will be destroyed. 6

They will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life. 7

 

1 Psa 73.2-5,16-17 2 Phil 3.19 3 Rom 6.23 4 1Jn 5.13 5 Prov 23.17 6 Psa 37.7-9 7 Mt 25.46

No comments:

Post a Comment