Saturday 13 March 2021

God describes Himself

God says

 

I the LORD your God am holy. 1

You cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live. 2 To whom will you liken me and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be alike? 3

Only in the LORD, it shall be said of me, are righteousness and strength. 4 

My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, for as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. 5

I the LORD speak the truth; I declare what is right. 6

I live forever. 7 I the LORD do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed. 8

I am compassionate. 9 The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty. 10 I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight. 11

 

1 Lev 19.2 2 Exo 33.20 3 Isa 46.5 4 Isa 45.24 5 Isa 55.8-9 6 Isa 45.19 7 Deut 32.40 8 Mal 3.6 9 Exo 22.27 10 Exo 34.6-7 11 Jer 9.24

No comments:

Post a Comment