Tuesday 30 March 2021

Christ’s suffering foretold

My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? 1

I have endured insults because of You, and shame has covered my face. 2 Everyone who sees me mocks me; they sneer and shake their heads: “He relies on the LORD; let Him rescue him; let the LORD deliver him, since He takes pleasure in him.” 3

I gave My back to those who beat Me, and My cheeks to those who tore out My beard. I did not hide My face from scorn and spitting 4 I waited for sympathy, but there was none; for comforters, but found no one. 5

A gang of evildoers has closed in on me; they pierced my hands and my feet. I can count all my bones. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are disjointed; my heart is like wax, melting within me. My strength is dried up like baked clay; my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth. You put me into the dust of death. 6

Into Your hand I entrust my spirit. 7 For You will not allow Your Faithful One to see decay. 8

 

1 Psa 22.1 2 Psa 69.7 3 Psa 22.7-8 4 Isa 50.6 5 Psa 69.20 6 Psa 22.14-17 7 Psa 31.5 8 Psa 16.10

No comments:

Post a Comment