Wednesday 3 March 2021

Willing to suffer for Jesus

Prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace. 1

I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory. 2 I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church. Now I rejoice in what I am suffering. 3

And if I perish, I perish. 4 I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die for the name of the Lord Jesus. 5

I want to know Christ – yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead. 6

I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 7

Do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord. Rather join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. 8

 

1 Ac 20.23-24 2 2Tim 2.10 3 Col 1.24 4 Est 4.16 5 Ac 21.13 6 Phil 3.10-11 7 Phil 1.20-21 8 2Tim 1.8

No comments:

Post a Comment