Friday 5 March 2021

Entering the kingdom

Jesus says 

 

Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near. 1

Not everyone who says to me, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 2 I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. 3

Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 4 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. 5

If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, where “the worms that eat them do not die, and the fire is not quenched.” 6

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it. 7 Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God. With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. 8

Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. You must be born again. 9

I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. 10

 

1 Mt 4.17 2 Mt 7.21 3 Mt 5.20 4 Lk 13.24 5 Mt 7.13-14 6 Mk 9.47-48 7 Mk 10.15 8 Mt 19.23-24,26 9 Jn 3.5 10 Jn 10.9

No comments:

Post a Comment