Sunday 9 May 2021

Will God give me whatever I ask for when I pray?

You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, because the work of the Son brings glory to the Father. Yes, ask anything in my name, and I will do it!

John 14.13-14

 

Jesus said, “You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it.”(John 14.13) So Jesus did make an awesome promise to give us what we ask for. But that doesn’t mean God is like a heavenly vending machine. You can’t just put in a prayer, push the right button, and out pops your wish. 

When God hears our prayers, he always answers. But he knows what is best for us, so he doesn’t always answer exactly as we expect. We need to remember that Jesus said to “ask in his name.” To ask in the name of Jesus means to tell God you want things that will bring him glory. 

 

What does that mean? It means that God will get the credit as we praise him for answering our prayers. So he answers in a way that shows how great he is. He answers by doing things that are good for us and all the other people in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment