Thursday 15 December 2022

Advent 22 post 11

 How amazing! How glorious! Heaven has come to Earth!

How astounding, even puzzling, such a plain and simple birth.

His earthly parents –  just everyday folk, travel-worn and tired,

Simple shepherds who came to visit, having heard the angel choir.

 

How like our gracious God, He honours the meek again.

He makes it clear the work is His – what man can’t do, God can!

We can’t save ourselves, we owe a debt that we can’t pay.

We can’t work our way to Heaven, but God came to make the Way.

 

 

Thank You, God, for doing for me what I can’t do for myself. Remind me, Lord, that I need a Saviour, I am a sinner and You’re the only one who can save me. Without You, I am lost. Thank You, Jesus – the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Father God, I come to You now through Jesus Christ, my Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment