Thursday 1 October 2020

Prayer for healing

Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am languishing; heal me, O LORD, for my bones are troubled. My soul also is greatly troubled. 1 Days of affliction have taken hold of me. The night racks my bones, and the pain that gnaws me takes no rest. 2

For my days pass away like smoke, and my bones burn like a furnace. My heart is struck down like grass and has withered; I forgot to eat my bread, I lie awake; I am like a lonely sparrow on the housetop, my days are like an evening shadow; I wither away like grass. 3

O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days. 4 Oh restore me to health and make me live! 5

Deal bountifully with your servant, that I may live and keep your word, my soul clings to the dust; give me life! 6 Be gracious to me, O LORD, O you who lift me up from the gates of death, that I may recount all your praises. 7 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise. 8

 

1 Ps 6.2-3 2 Job 30.16-17 3 Ps 102.3-4,7,11 4 Ps 102.24 5 Is 38.16 6 Ps 119.17,25 7 Ps 9.13-14 8 Jer 17.14

No comments:

Post a Comment