Wednesday 7 October 2020

Hate Evil

To fear the LORD is to hate evil;

I hate pride and arrogance,

evil behaviour and perverse speech. 1

I will conduct the affairs of my house with a blameless heart.

I hate what faithless people do; I will have no part in it. The perverse of heart shall be far from me; I will have nothing to do with what is evil. 2

“Who of us can dwell with the consuming fire? Who of us can dwell with everlasting burning?”

Those who walk righteously, who reject gain from extortion and keep their hands from accepting bribes, who stop their ears against plots of murder and shut their eyes against contemplating evil. 3 I will not look with approval on anything that is vile. 4 When what is vile is honoured by the human race. 5

Woe to those who call evil good

and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. 6 What people value highly is detestable in God’s sight. 7

Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 8 Let those who love the LORD hate evil. 9

 

1 Prov  8.13 2 Ps 101.2-4 3 Isa 33.14-15 4 Ps 101.3 5 Ps 12.8 6 Isa 5.20 7 Lk 16.15 8 Rom 12.9 9 Ps 97.10

No comments:

Post a Comment