Wednesday 28 October 2020

A Prayer for Forgiveness

I am a sinful man, O Lord. 1 My iniquities have overtaken me, and I cannot see. 2

For my iniquities have gone over my head; like a heavy burden, they are too heavy for me. I am feeble and crushed; I groan because of the tumult of my heart. 3

O God, you know my folly; the wrongs I have done are not hidden from you. 4 I confess my iniquity; I am sorry for my sin. 5

You are a gracious and merciful God. 6 A broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. 7

Now, O LORD, please take away the iniquity of your servant, for I have done very foolishly. 8

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin! Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. 9

 

1 Lk 5.8 2 Ps 40.12 3 Ps 38.4,8 4 Ps 69.5 5 Ps 38.18 6 Neh 9.31 7 Ps 51.17 8 2Sam 24.10 9 Ps 51.1-2, 7, 10 esv

No comments:

Post a Comment