Monday 19 October 2020

The LORD Saved Me

Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me. 1

Death wrapped its ropes around me; the terrors of the grave overtook me. I saw only trouble and sorrow. Then I called on the name of the LORD: “Please, LORD, save me!” 2

And the LORD answered me and set me free. 3

How kind the LORD is! How good he is! So merciful, this God of ours! The LORD protects those of childlike faith; I was facing death, and he saved me. 4

He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters. He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me. 5 He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. 6

Praise the LORD! For he has heard my cry for mercy. 7

I am overwhelmed with joy in the LORD my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. 8

 

1 Ps 66.16 2 Ps 116.3-4 3 Ps 118.5 4 Ps 116.5-6 5 Ps 18.16,19 6 Ps 40.2-3 7 Ps 28.6 8 Isa 61.10

No comments:

Post a Comment