Saturday 5 June 2021

How do I know God wants to be my friend?

Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his, we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 

Psalm 100.3

 

You can be sure that God is interested in being your friend because that’s the whole reason why he made you. There are many places in the Bible where God calls you his sheep and tells you that you belong to him. Not only that, but God sent his Son, Jesus, to Earth because God wanted you to have a shepherd to care for you. Jesus said, “I am the good shepherd, I know my sheep and my sheep know me – just as the Father knows me and I know the Father – and I lay down my life for the sheep”(Jn 10.14-15) God sent Jesus to give his life on the cross for you. God cares about you very much. In fact, he is your best friend. 

 

Draw a flock of sheep and then read John 10.14-15. Think of all the ways a shepherd helps sheep, and all the ways that Jesus, our shepherd, helps us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment