Friday 4 June 2021

How do I know I’m going to heaven?

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”

John 14.6

 

Good question! In fact, such a good question, Jesus’s best friends asked him the same thing. Jesus said there is just one way to get to his Father’s home in heaven, and he is it! Jesus declared that he is the way. 

It may seem strange to think of a person as a path, but Jesus is saying, ‘If you want to get to heaven, the only way to get there is by believing in me.’ Jesus made a very special promise to his followers. He said, “I assure you, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life.” (John 5.24) He was saying that if we believe in God and follow Jesus, we’ll live forever! Those are directions you can count on to get you to God’s home!

 

 

Jesus has sent each of us an invitation to heaven. We are invited to believe in Jesus and trust him to give us eternal life. Going to live with Jesus in heaven forever will be like going to a party that never ends. 

Read John 14.6 or 5.24 and choose some words from them to design and decorate an invitation to God’s eternal home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment